Emotional Support Animal Letter Hawaii
Getting an ESA letter can be more challenging if you don’t have time to run to your therapist. You need to stay with your emotional support animal for treatment. But your landlord does not agree due to his/her no-pet policy. Team My ESA Therapist can save you from this hassle with our quick and straightforward online process. With My ESA Therapist, you will need to answer a simple 5-minutes questionnaire, submit your application, and wait for the evaluation. And if you qualify, you will receive your ESA letter via email in no time. Apply for an emotional support animal letter in Hawaii to stay with your pet without any pet fee.
Same Day Delivery
24/7 Online Support
100% HIPAA Compliant
WE BELIEVE IN TURNING FEARFUL INTO CHEERFUL
Process to get an emotional support animal letter
“Getting an ESA letter is now as simple as 1-2-3”
Get Evaluated Online
Receive an ESA Letter
What are the Elements of a Legitimate ESA Letter?
Get Qualified Today
Emotional Support Animal And Hawaii
But, what if the person is staying at a rental apartment where the tenant has to follow the landlord’s rules? There are rules like a no-pet policy or a hefty pet fee or deposit to live with the pet. It may increase the stress and pocket burden for the tenant, which no one can afford. Then how will the tenant get the help of his/her pet to get better?
In this case, the tenant can assign his/her pet as an emotional support animal with the help of an ESA letter. This letter should be written and signed by a licensed mental healthcare professional (LMHP) on their letterhead. You can apply for an ESA letter with My ESA Therapist to receive your emotional support letter at home.
Who can write an ESA Letter in Hawaii?
According to the emotional support animal laws in Hawaii, not any medical professional can sign an ESA letter. Only a licensed mental healthcare professional (LMHP) has the authority to write and issue a legitimate ESA letter. Here is a list of a few professionals who can give a Hawaiian emotional support animal letter:
- A Licensed Behavioral Therapist
- A Licensed Addiction Therapist
- A Licensed Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist
- A licensed psychiatrist
- A licensed psychologist
- A Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- A licensed Professional Counselor
- A licensed doctor qualified to conduct mental health assessments
- A Licensed Clinical Social Worker
What are the Qualifying Conditions for an ESA Letter?
- Panic Attacks
- ADHD- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder
- Substance-related disorder (alcohol, drugs)
- OCD- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- PTSD-Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sexual disorder
- Developmental coordination disorder
- Autism and many more.
What are the benefits of acquiring an ESA Letter?
- The no-pet policy will not be applicable to an ESA letter holder and his/her emotional support animal in Hawaii.
- The landlord can not deny an emotional support animal based on its size, weight, and breed.
- The tenant with an ESA letter does not have to pay any pet deposit or any additional fee in the name of multiple ESAs in Hawaii.
- The tenants can have more than one ESAs if they need it. The landlords can not kick them out based on the number of emotional support animals.
ESA Housing Benefits
- Live in no-pet housing
- No more pet charges
- 24 X 7 Online ESA Letter Support
- A hassle-free downloadable copy of an ESA Letter.
Get Qualified Today
Emotional Support Animal letter laws in Hawaii
Fair Housing Act in Hawaii
That is why the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) introduced the Fair Housing Act (FHA). This act protects the equal rights of getting fair accommodation opportunities for a person with a mental disability who needs an emotional support animal. Landlords cannot restrict your emotional support animal or impose added charges based on the breed, size, or weight.
However, suppose your pet is aggressive, loud, causes damage to the landlord’s property, or harms someone. In that case, your landlord has the right to give you 10-days notice to vacate the house.
Even employers do not have any legal obligation to allow emotional support animals (ESAs) in the workplace. But they can provide some exemptions if the employee can be more productive in the presence of his/her ESA.
ESA Campus Housing
Well, in that case, they can have a pet with the help of an ESA letter because the FHA also protects university on-campus housing opportunities. A student can stay at the university campus with its ESA in Hawaii. But keep in mind that the student who needs ESA for treatment can only live in a single-person room. The person can not stay in dorm rooms and the student can not take your emotional support animal in the other parts of the University, such as:
- The academic buildings like lab, library, or lecture halls
Travel Laws (Air Carrier Access Act)
However, some airlines can allow you and your emotional support animal travel to Hawaii via flight if your emotional support animal is well behaved and small enough to fit under your seat. Also, you will need to pay the charges that airlines will implement.
Special Note: Keep in mind that if you have an emotional support dog trained as a PSD – Psychiatric service Dog (PSDs are provided special training to do the tasks that ease the anguish caused by any mental health condition, including depression, anxiety, or PTSD), you can fly with it like service dogs. Because PSDs are also covered by the Air Carrier Access Act (ACA), similar to service dogs.
Get Qualified Today
Rule Exceptions For Landlords In Hawaii
- The landlord has the right to deny the ESAs if it causes any damage to the landlord’s property. But the landlord has to give 10-days notice before evicting the tenant.
- If an ESA is causing any allergic reactions to the property residents, the landlord can deny it to save others from trouble.
- If an emotional support animal has aggressive behavior toward others or harms other people, the landlord can kick the tenant out after 10-day notice.
Facts You Need to Know Before Receiving Your ESA
- You can make almost any animal your emotional support animal as your ESA, irrespective of its breed, size, and weight.
- According to Hawaiian animal laws, unlike service animals, emotional support animals don’t require any special training.
- As per the Hawaiian pet laws, an ESA letter is enough proof to certify your pet as an ESA. You don’t need to sign up on some ESA registration sites or get some special badge or vest.
- Only a state-licensed health professional can write an ESA letter in the United States. Therefore an LMHP, Licensed medical healthcare professional has the legal right to evaluate and approve patients for ESA Hawaii state letters.
Places to Visit in Hawaii with an ESA
The gigantic city and airport in the Hawaiian Islands, Honolulu, is a natural entrance to Hawaii’s big tourism industry. This industry fetches millions of tourists and contributes $10 billion to the local economy yearly. The location of Honolulu in the Pacific also makes it a comprehensive enterprise and trading hub, particularly between the West and the East. Along with this Honolulu is also known as a pet-friendly city of Hawaii with various places, like restaurants, hotels, parks, and more. You can enjoy having fun with your furry friends, whether a dog or cat. Some pet-friendly places are:
- Hotel La Croix Waikiki
- Diamond Head Bark Park
- Barefoot Beach Cafe @ Queen’s Surf Beach
- Moanalua Dog Park
- Mākālei Beach Park
- White Sands Hotel
- And more
Allow people to have fun with their pets.
Pearl City is famous for its pet-friendly bars, restaurants, Pearl Harbor, Manana Ridge Trail, EWA Forest Reserve, and more. This city has the following places where you can go with your furry friend without any hassle:
- Pearl City Peninsula Dog Park
- Poke On Da Run Shop
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Rainbow Inn Aiea. Overlooking Pearl Harbor
- Zippy’s Pearl City
- Palisades Drive Inn
Hilo has a reasonably necessary tourism sector. The primary source of tourism in Hilo is the annual week-long Merrie Monarch Festival and the world’s preeminent hula competition, which brings in visitors and participants from all over the world. Also, this city has a wide range of places where you can enjoy spending time with your family and pets. Some of them are:
- Hilo Town Tavern
- Hilo Breakwater
- Richardson Ocean Park
- Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
- Wailuku River State Park
- And more.
Why Choose Us?
Get all the support and love you deserve!!!
Those who have a “why?” We have a legitimate ESA letter that will help you say “Hi!!”
We Won’t Let You Get Trapped In The Online Scams!!!
Best Dog Breeds for Emotional Support Animal
Every little help!
The well-admired breeds of retrievers are Labrador and Golden Retrievers. These are well-known for the unwearied and friendly nature and make exceptional Emotional Support Animals.
German shepherds are well known for their friendly nature and intelligence. They can prosper with humans in public places with some training. It’s an easy-going, approachable, and loyal breed.
Chihuahuas can endow with the vital emotional support to humans by learning the socialization. These are easy on-the-go travel breed. They do not require much exercise and come out to be the best family pets when treated with respect.
Pugs are the most loving pets that play nicely with kids. However, any age can advantage from their support. Pugs are cute and energetic support and provide so much love and support to humans. When trained, these come out to be an intelligent and friendly breed.
The Great Pyrenees is an extremely large dog that is well admired for its calmness, affection, and smartness. These are skilled at diminishing human anxiety.
Yorkshire Terriers are counted as loving companions for those who desire plenty of attention. Giving love and care to an ESA can sometimes be even more curative than receiving it.
Corgis is an affectionate, intelligent, and highly trainable breed. This breed requires more physical and mental activities to be healthy.
Irish Wolfhounds are a sensitive natured breed that helps in understanding human feelings. These are cuddly as well as staggering in size. It’s an easy-going dog breed that can make you feel loved and safer than ever.
Frequently Asked Question
What is an ESA Letter?
What pets are illegal in Hawaii?
- Fishes, like piranhas and lionfishes
- Frogs, like poison-dart frogs and Cuban treefrogs
- Invertebrates, including hermit crabs and jellyfishes
- Turtles & tortoises, such as snapping turtles
How many dogs can you have in Hawaii?
How to find places to apply for a Hawaii ESA letter near me?
- Your name
- Contact information
- Question regarding your health condition to understand
- better whether you need ESA or not
- Question regarding your pet
After providing all the information, you will need to submit your application and pay a letter fee. Now, one of our doctors will evaluate your application as per the government’s guidelines to determine whether you have a qualifying health condition for an ESA or not. If you qualify, you will get your ESA letter on the same day via email.
What pets are legal in Hawaii?
- All domesticated cats, dogs, horses, swine like a pot-bellied pig, mice & rats
- Birds, such as budgerigars, canaries, cockatiels, lovebirds, and certain types of finches, parrots, and parakeets
- Frogs (Poisonless)
- Invertebrates like crabs, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, and more
- Guinea pigs
- Turtles & tortoises
What is the process of emotional support animal registration in Hawaii?
- Fill in your personal information
- Answer your questionnaire that includes detailed information about your health condition.
- Now, submit your application after paying the letter fee.
After submission, one of our licensed professionals will review your application. If you qualify, you will receive your ESA letter via email without any delay.
Do landlords have to accept emotional support animals in Hawaii?
Are there restrictions on emotional support animals?
How to connect with an LMHP in Hawaii?
- Fill in the simple questionnaire
- Get evaluated by a local licensed doctor
- Receive your ESA letter via email
The whole process of getting an ESA letter can take up to 24 hours without stepping out from the comfort of your home.
Can an emotional support dog go anywhere with you?
- Hawaiʻi Kai Dog Park, Honolulu
- Mililani Dog Park
- Puppy Love Park, Kalaoa
- Wailuku River State Park, Hilo
- Three Ring Ranch Exotic Animal Sanctuary, Kailua
Want to Get Your Pet Certified?
Get Started Now.