Emotional Support Animal Letter California
Getting an ESA letter can be more challenging if you don’t have time to run to your therapist. You need to stay with your emotional support animal for treatment. But your landlord does not agree due to his/her no-pet policy. Team My ESA Therapist can save you from this hassle with our quick and straightforward online process. With My ESA Therapist, you will need to answer a simple 5-minutes questionnaire, submit your application, and wait for the evaluation. And if you qualify, you will receive your ESA letter via email in no time. Apply for an emotional support animal letter in California to stay with your pet without any pet fee.
Same Day Delivery
24/7 Online Support
100% HIPAA Compliant
WE BELIEVE IN TURNING FEARFUL INTO CHEERFUL
Process to get an Emotional Support Animal Letter California
“Getting an ESA letter is now as simple as 1-2-3”
Get Evaluated Online
Receive an ESA Letter
What are the Elements of a Legitimate ESA Letter?
Get Qualified Today
Emotional Support Animal and California
But, what if the person is staying at a rental apartment where the tenant has to follow the landlord’s rules? There are rules like a no-pet policy or a hefty pet fee or deposit to live with the pet. It may increase the stress and pocket burden for the tenant, which no one can afford. Then how will the tenant get the help of his/her pet to get better?
In this case, the tenant can assign his/her pet as an emotional support animal with the help of an ESA letter in California.This letter should be written and signed by a licensed mental healthcare professional (LMHP) on their letterhead. You can apply for an ESA letter with My ESA Therapist to receive your emotional support letter at home.
Who can write an ESA Letter in California?
- A Licensed Behavioral Therapist
- A Licensed Addiction Therapist
- A Licensed Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist
- A licensed psychiatrist
- A licensed psychologist
- A Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- A licensed Professional Counselor
- A licensed doctor qualified to conduct mental health assessments
- A Licensed Clinical Social Worker
What are the Qualifying Conditions for an ESA Letter?
Nowadays, most people suffer from mental health issues and need help to better themselves. And an emotional support animal can help them improve their lifestyles without medication. But how to find out whether a person has a mental health condition that can be treated with an ESA or not. Many mental health conditions can be considered common qualifying conditions. If you have one of the following mental health conditions, you can apply for an ESA letter in California:
- Panic Attacks
- ADHD- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder
- Substance-related disorder (alcohol, drugs)
- OCD- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- PTSD-Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sexual disorder
- Developmental coordination disorder
- Autism and many more.
What are the benefits of acquiring an ESA Letter CA?
- The no-pet policy will not be applicable to an ESA letter holder and his/her emotional support animal in CA.
- The landlord can not deny an emotional support animal based on its size, weight, and breed.
- The tenant with an ESA letter does not have to pay any pet deposit or any additional fee in the name of multiple ESAs in California.
- The tenants can have more than one ESAs if they need it. The landlords can not kick them out based on the number of emotional support animals.
ESSENTIAL TO NOTE!
So you have to follow a 30-day minimum waiting period for California ESA Letters.
Get Qualified Today
Emotional Support Animal letter laws in California
Fair Housing Act in California for an Emotional Support Animal
That is why the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) introduced the Fair Housing Act (FHA). This act protects the equal rights of getting fair accommodation opportunities for a person with a mental disability who needs an emotional support animal. Landlords cannot restrict your emotional support animal or impose added charges based on the breed, size, or weight.
However, suppose your pet is aggressive, loud, causes damage to the landlord’s property, or harms someone. In that case, your landlord has the right to give you 10-days notice to vacate the house.
Employment Laws for an ESA
Even employers do not have any legal obligation to allow emotional support animals (ESAs) in the workplace. But they can provide some exemptions if the employee can be more productive in the presence of his/her ESA.
ESA Campus Housing Laws in California
Well, in that case, they can have a pet with the help of an ESA letter because the FHA also protects university on-campus housing opportunities. A student can stay at the university campus with its ESA in California. But keep in mind that the student who needs ESA for treatment can only live in a single-person room. The person can not stay in dorm rooms and the student can not take your emotional support animal in the other parts of the University, such as:
- The academic buildings like lab, library, or lecture halls
Travel Laws (Air Carrier Access Act) in California
However, some airlines can still allow you and your emotional support animal to travel to California via flight if your emotional support animal is well behaved and small enough to fit under your seat. Also, you will need to pay the charges that airlines will implement.
Special Note: Keep in mind that if you have an emotional support dog trained as a PSD
A Psychiatric service Dog (PSDs are provided special training to do the tasks that ease the anguish caused by any mental health condition, including depression, anxiety, or PTSD), you can fly with it like service dogs. Because PSDs are also covered by the Air Carrier Access Act (ACA), similar to service dogs.
Get Qualified Today
Rule Exceptions For Landlords In California
- The landlord has the right to deny the ESAs if it causes any damage to the landlord’s property. But the landlord has to give 10-days notice before evicting the tenant.
- If an ESA is causing any allergic reactions to the property residents, the landlord can deny it to save others from trouble.
- If an emotional support animal has aggressive behavior toward others or harms other people, the landlord can kick the tenant out after a 10-day notice.
Additionally, according to California’s updated ESA Letter Laws, a patient and a healthcare professional must follow the below-mentioned essentials.
It is mandatory for a business or a person that supplies the ESA pet to provide a notice indicating:
- The dog/pet is neither trained nor fits to be a service dog.
- The pet/dog cannot savor the advantages offered to a service dog.
- It is punishable to intentionally or falsely indicate yourself as a service dog’s trainer or owner.
Falsifying any information may be liable to some strict actions in the offense of violating the ESA Laws California.
The healthcare professionals that certify animals as ESAs must provide the written document only if:
- The healthcare professional is a Licensed Health Mental Professional having a legitimate and valid license mentioning the license type.
- The healthcare professional must build a client-provider relationship with the patient at least 30 days before providing a written ESA document.
In short, for California residents,
“A new Law AB 468 effective from 1st January 2022 requires those looking to obtain an ESA Letter to establish a client-provider relationship with the applicant for at least 30 days before providing the recommendations.”
Facts You Need to Know Before Receiving Your ESA
Facts You Need to Know Before Receiving Your ESA
- You can make almost any animal your emotional support animal as your ESA, irrespective of its breed, size, and weight.
- According to California’s animal laws, unlike service animals, emotional support animals don’t require any special training.
- As per California’s pet laws, an ESA letter is enough proof to certify your pet as an ESA. You don’t need to sign up on some ESA registration sites or get some special badge or vest.
- Only a state-licensed health professional can write an ESA letter in the United States. Therefore, an LMHP, a Licensed medical healthcare professional has the legal right to evaluate and approve patients for ESA California state letters.
Places to Visit in California with an ESA
The famous pooch-friendly location is Balboa Park which is a massive space where pets can enjoy the outdoors with the cactus gardens and hiking trails.
Carmel by the sea
Carmel is the most dog-friendly town. This entire town caters to dogs so that you will encounter ample pet stations and water bowls throughout the city. Probably your enjoyable weekend is waiting for you in such a fun-filled place.
Why Choose Us?
Get all the support and love you deserve!!!
Those who have a “why?” We have a legitimate ESA letter that will help you say “Hi!!”
We Won’t Let You Get Trapped In The Online Scams!!!
Best Dog Breeds for Emotional Support Animal
Every little help!
The well-admired breeds of retrievers are Labrador and Golden Retrievers. These are well-known for the unwearied and friendly nature and make exceptional Emotional Support Animals.
German shepherds are well known for their friendly nature and intelligence. They can prosper with humans in public places with some training. It’s an easy-going, approachable, and loyal breed.
Chihuahuas can endow with the vital emotional support to humans by learning the socialization. These are easy on-the-go travel breed. They do not require much exercise and come out to be the best family pets when treated with respect.
Pugs are the most loving pets that play nicely with kids. However, any age can advantage from their support. Pugs are cute and energetic support and provide so much love and support to humans. When trained, these come out to be an intelligent and friendly breed.
The Great Pyrenees is an extremely large dog that is well admired for its calmness, affection, and smartness. These are skilled at diminishing human anxiety.
Yorkshire Terriers are counted as loving companions for those who desire plenty of attention. Giving love and care to an ESA can sometimes be even more curative than receiving it.
Corgis is an affectionate, intelligent, and highly trainable breed. This breed requires more physical and mental activities to be healthy.
Irish Wolfhounds are a sensitive natured breed that helps in understanding human feelings. These are cuddly as well as staggering in size. It’s an easy-going dog breed that can make you feel loved and safer than ever.
Frequently Asked Question
What is an ESA letter?
What animals can be certified as ESAs in California?
How can I qualify for the Emotional Support Animal Letter?
- Be a resident of California.
- Must have a minimum 30-day client-provider relationship with the healthcare professional.
- Must have a qualifying condition stating the need of having an ESA beside.
This will help you likely qualify for the ESA Letter.
Do I need separate registration or certifications for my ESA in California?
Can an ESA enter a restaurant, hotel, grocery store, or any other public place?
There are pet-friendly restaurants, hotels, parks, and other public places where you can take your ESA along.
How to find places to apply for a California ESA letter near me?
- Your name
- Contact information
- Any questions about your health condition to understand better whether you need ESA or not
- Any questions regarding your pet
After providing all the information, you will need to submit your application and pay a letter fee. Now, one of our doctors will evaluate your application as per the government’s guidelines to determine whether you have a qualifying health condition for an ESA or not.
However, we are aware of all the modifications and updates of obtaining an ESA Letter in California, so our team of professionals will help you while keeping it all in mind. And if you qualify, you will get your ESA letter on the same day via email.
Do landlords have to accept emotional support animals in California?
Are there restrictions on emotional support animals?
Do ESAs require special training?
Is an ESA Letter obtained from an online therapist adhere to the same value as an ESA Letter received from a therapist seen in person?
Yes, an ESA Letter obtained from a therapist online, or offline adheres to the same value. All you need to be careful about is that you must get it from a legitimate service provider. With the increasing need for the ESA to cope with mental illnesses, even the internet is flooded with fake ESA letter services. Make sure you do not get caught with such an issue.
Want to Get Your Pet Certified?
Get Started Now.